Saturday, March 5, 2016

Of Poseidon by Anna Banks

This is my second time reading this book. I have read the first and second book in this trilogy and I am rereading them in order to read the third. In Of Poseidon by Anna Banks, Emma, a normal 18 year old girl, discovers she isn't so normal after all, shes a Syrena, another name for a mermaid. (but don't call them that.) Galen, a drop dead gorgeous Syrena prince, discovers her and helps her find out what she is, because she's different from the other Syrena, and she cant grow a fin. Galen has to fight his growing attraction to Emma, not just because its forbidden, but if he decides to mate with Emma, it could endanger the Syrena people as a whole, by putting an end to the gift of Poseidon. The first time I read this book, I started reading it at 7PM and finished reading it at 8AM the next morning. I love this book. The relationship between Galen and Emma is so innocent, yet intense. Galen is definitely swoon-worthy. He's so Naive, but that only makes him hotter. The only thing I had one of my friends comment on not liking about this book, is that it switches between first person and third person. Each chapter it switches. When it is in first person, it is Emma's POV. When it switches to third person, you are seeing through Galen's eyes. I don't mind this. I still enjoyed the book. It has a great plot and great characters, but if you aren't a fan of third person books, you could find it challenging. I hope you enjoy this read as much as I did. Now its time to read the second book in this trilogy, Of Triton.

No comments:

Post a Comment